Black Diamond Lanes
1241 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L3
Winter Leagues Forming Now!!!
(See our leagues webpage for more details)
Centrally located downtown at 1241 5th Avenue in Prince George, BC, we are a 2 minute walk from the Ramada hotel and approximately a 5 minute walk from the Coast Inn of the North hotel. We are also only a 2 minute walk from some of the finest dining establishments in the city. We offer 28 lanes of 5-Pin Bowling over 3 levels. We have cosmic lighting systems on each of the main and lower levels. Please check our hours for availability.
Originally constructed in 1958, Black Diamond Lanes and its predecessor 5th Avenue Bowladrome have been offering exciting and affordable entertainment for the entire family for over half a century. We are very excited about the renovations planned for the summer of 2011. We will be updating our renovations page periodically so we can keep you informed about our progress.
We are a proud member of the KIDS BOWL FREE program!
Do you like FREE bowling? Black Diamond Lanes is proud to be a part of the Kids Bowl Free program for our second year. Sign your kids up for 2 free games of bowling every day this summer! Coupons are sent to you each week by email. For $24.95 up to four adults in a family can get the same two free games per day with the Kids Bowl Free Family Pass program. (Not $24.95 per adult… up to four adults can sign up for a total of $24.95!) It’s a great deal so sign up at www.kidsbowlfree.com/blackdiamond.
If you are interested in holding an event at Black Diamond Lanes, please visit our Events page for more information, and then call us to book your lanes. We offer children’s birthday party packages as well. Visit the Kids page to learn more!
Some Interesting Facts About Bowling
Bowling Is Healthy!
- The average adult bowler burns 240 calories per hour
- 3 games of bowling = 1 mile of walking
- Bowlers use 134 muscles during a basic 4-step approach
- Bowling is a weight bearing sport which helps build strong, healthy bones
- Bowling requires mental focus and helps develop discipline
- Bowling provides an exercise option for those with physical limitations
Bowling Is A Lifetime Sport For All!
- Bowling is one of the world’s oldest sports, invented 5,000 years ago
- Bowling is popular in over 100 countries
- The rules are the same for young and old, male or female
Bowling Is Popular Among Youth!
- 10 million kids celebrate their birthday in a bowling centre each year, making bowling centres the #1 birthday party destination for kids 12 and under
- Bowling is the decade’s fastest-growing North American high school sport
- For the first time in 2007-08, nearly 5,000 North American schools offered bowling programs for both boys and girls